Looking after your Hair
- Use only gentle hair products and non-medicated shampoo
- Avoid excessive heat from hair dryers or heated rollers, as this can over-dry the hair and make it break.
- Brush your hair gently using a wide brush with wide prongs
- Do not use hair dye until at least 6 month after chemotherapy. After 6 months use hair dye that has no ammonia.
- If attending a salon for hair dye, it is advisable to ask for a “Quasa Hair Dye”. A 48 hour skin test must be used prior to dying hair.
Macmillan Hair Loss Support Service;
Advice and support on hair loss due to cancer treatments;
- Hair care before hair loss,
- Wig fitting, styling and trimming.
- Hair care during re-growth.
Appointments can be made at the Salon in the Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre or you can arrange for them to visit you on the ward or clinic in St James’s or Leeds General Infirmary.
Open Monday to Friday 10am-4pm.
For appointments or information contact:
The Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre Tel: 0113 206 6498
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are based directly behind the Thackray Medical Museum, St. James’s Hospital with parking available please ask at the reception for a permit.
Look Good Feel Better
This is a charity set up to help women with cancer with their image. It advises on make up and skin care and holds local workshops. The hold workshops twice a month at the Robert Ogden Centre (see above for contact details). See the Look Good Feel Better website by visiting the website http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/about